How to activate eSIM on iPhone, Samsung, and Google Pixel phones, etc. is easy. Everything starts with an eSIM QR Code, a compatible device, and a Wifi Connection, and then 2 – 3 minutes of setup. Let’s figure out with us now.
After placing an order for an eSIM, you will receive a QR Code, SM-DP+ Address & Activation Code. The thing you need to do now is to set up it on your device and activate it for usage.
Don’t know how to start? 👉 We are here to help.
In this post, we will guide you through steps to set up and activate a data eSIM (including the eSIM for Vietnam provided by Gigago) on your device, including:
- What to prepare before start,
- How to set up and activate your eSIM
Good to know:
1. What to prepare before starting eSIM installation and activation?
To get started with the eSIM installation on your device, please make sure that the following items are ready:
- An eSIM compatible and carrier-unlocked device.
- A stable Wi-Fi connection (not mobile data of another phone), and
- An eSIM QR code for scanning
- Print your QR code, or borrow someone’s device to keep your eSIM QR code if you have no second device (another phone, desktop, laptop, etc.) to keep it).
- Take note of your SM-DP + Address & Activation code somewhere on your device for easy manual setup by copying and pasting if you cannot print your QR code or have no second device to keep it, or just in case your scanning fails and you need to set up your eSIM manually.
2. How to activate eSIM
In this section, we will guide you through:
- How to activate eSIM on iPhone
- How to activate eSIM on Samsung phone, and
- How to activate eSIM on Google phone.
The wording may be slightly different depending on your device. So, in case you have difficulty installing your eSIM, please contact your eSIM provider.
2.1 How to activate eSIM on iPhone
If you are using iPhone, check the eSIM iPhone list to make sure you can use the eSIM on it, and follow the instructions below for its use.
2. One your device, go to Settings. If it isn’t available on your Home screen, swipe left to access the App Library, and search for it on the search bar.
4. Tap Add Cellular Plan or Add Mobile Data Plan (depending on your phone)
Scan your printed QR code or the QR code you keep on another device. In case you cannot scan the QR code, you can select Enter Details Manually at bottom of your iPhone screen, and enter the following information:
- SM-DP+ Address which looks like RAP-0126.OBARTHOR.NET
- Activation Code which looks like FA9F0-MWFO-M4HOC-BUBGX
- Confirmation Code(optional)
- Tab Add Cellular Plan or Add Mobile Data Plan to confirm the installation.
- On the Cellular or Mobile data plan labels screen, choose the available label (such as Secondary, Business, Travel, etc.) or customize label for your eSIM (such as Vietnam eSIM), and then tap Continue
- On Default line page, select your Primary number if your data eSIM does not come with a phone number for calling or you do not intend to use this number to make call or send SMS to people who are not in your contacts.